Quatro Wood setup help

I'm looking for audio tech in San Francisco Bay Area who familiar to set up Vandersteen Quatro Wood specially its room correction function in my home space. Any advise will be appreciated. 

Best Regards
Zee
zensview

Showing 9 responses by tomic601

probably...The 7 feet allow for leveling, all the other models use washers, which would be not fine enough adjustment.

I have yet to jump on the isolation bandwagon [ REO ] .... and I think it took Helmut Brinkman with his own personal model 7 w Brinkmann Gfanite isolation system to gain a concensus that it yielded better overall sound...in the Munich demo room... [ hope to attend next year ! ].....a matter of priority I guess, other things in my system I would like address first....

I know Mapleshade consider solid Maple superior to glued up laminate but I had some leftover almost 2” think laminate left from a kitchen remodel..I made them into amp stands w Model 5 cones, I did use a T nut from the top also.  You could probably build a set of Maple w 7 cones and get a stand that you can level fairly inexpensively.....Remember parts thru your local dealer, service via factory. BTW for my MC240, sonics worth it. The MC250 didn’t care...ha

my amp stands in WA, TREO in CA, otherwise I would give it a listenten and let ya know...

have fun

cut some trail

tell us what you learn
i have the D1
freaking love it.....
The LiL Bosch is $30 and also not bad...both make a tape measure look like a flintlock after the first shot.....
Pete - another thought, get a Leica disto and measure the current Johnny R setup very carefully, write it down so you can return to it after making changes !!!!
tape on floor is OK until the vacuum cleaner eats it !!! ask me how I know. The Leica is $50, best money I ever spent for setup
Hi Pete - Merry Christmas eve day !!! I have not found the Rye yet, so hopefully my typing and answers make SOME sense...

YEs ! when you change the height of the speaker , you are changing the geometric relationship to ear height, so tilt should change. Follow Rv advice there, I believe he advised in your setup 1 less washer. Wish I lived closer, I would help you out in person.

My 7 moved closer to corners BUT are still about 4’ out of the corners. I have a bit more wall reflection to fix, attempt to fix. May need an acoustic curtain on the water side. I have the Treo even farther apart 9’6” and the center image rock solid. FUN

My fee is always free, except for the wine....
no seriously the above quoted rates seem fair for travel and the Johnny R get it done right mentality !!!!!

i recently moved my 7 and revalidated the setup and tweaked a few of the frequencies...... outstanding and as you get the tools and familiarity with process, this is IMO a very rewarding part of owning Vandersteen speakers with bass EQ

The hyper benefit of Vandersteen powered bass is 11 bands of analog room tuning so you can fix most room nodes while optimizing placement for imaging ! And relieving your main amp of the massive requirements associated with low low bass.
for grins listen to your speakers with just the subs playing..... not much there...
it is no wonder the chicks never fall in love with the bass player....

a high quality molded connection will out perform a poorly assembled fancy connection that also probably has a stiff heavy inflexible cord, looks fancy audiophile but look closely at the IEC connection- bet it is drooping which may mean crappy connection.....

my buck firty....
i can walk you thru it on phone.Send me a PM with contact info
best to you
we will get them sounding fantastic 

jim
IF having read manual ( available free at Vandersteen website ) you find this a bit daunting I can walk you thru it. You will need some tools that total less than $100. You will also need a Vandertones CD or free download.

Call Richard or Nathan at factory and they might know a SF area tech. I am in Carlsbad.