QUALITY: HDMI vs. ANALOGUE

I  am currently using a Yamaha Receiver (RX-V1) and an older OPPO DVD  player with no HDMI that uses only 5+2 analogue inputs for HT -- and would like to upgrade to take advantage of the sound quality developments of the past 15 years.  The anthem products seem to be the most attractive.  It looks like most modern receivers offer NO analogue inputs (?).

But ... I believe I recently saw a review of  a receiver in which the writer highlighted the fact that the receiver DID OFFER analogue inputs (Can't recall which brand).  

MY QUESTION:  Is there any quality advantage in using analogue from the DVD outs to the receiver?  I realize the inconvenience necessitated by the additional remote control and the 5 (or 7) additional interconnects (I am already doing that).

Also, are there any opinions on what my asking price should be in selling the RX-V1 (pristine condition)?

THANKS, All!

wayne 

412 860-5700

[email protected] 

wdesbrow

Showing 1 response by mahler123

dbphd, how do you like the  Bryston Oppo combo?  I have many SACDs and am using an Oppo 105 in my two channel system.  I have been looking at the Bryston to add to the system but am unsure if this will be an improvement over the Oppo alone.