Purepower 2000+ and 3000+ actual availability???

Does anyone know where things stand with actual Purepower 2000+ and 3000+ unit availability (Canadian company)? None of the authorized sources I checked with who actually responded seem to have them, nor have they been given any reliable answer as to when things will ship. Apparently quite a few promised ship dates have been made and have been missed over the past few months based upon the information given.

The plus-generation of these units have several features that I really want in my system as an upgrade to my existing unit. It would be good if they are making the units and are shipping them out to be purchased.

Have any of you been able to purchase one of these new units from the Canada-based Purepower and do you have it in your system? If so, how do you like it?

I am aware of the problems with the 'other PP' company and the schism between the two earlier in 2012, and do not need any info on that.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069

Showing 4 responses by jfz

I have a 1500+ and a 2000+. The results are amazing. They take my system back to the days before all the gremlins started polluting and affecting reproduced music playback. That's the best way I can put it. And I would not live without at least one of these units in my system. By the way, they make a huge difference on video as well. I too have experienced the drastic differences power cords make with the Pure Power units, and it is a mystery to me as well.

Regarding Ozzy's comment about repair service and communication: I needed to return the 2000+ because the fan was too loud. It was fixed and now works (is relatively quiet) just like the 1500+. The turnaround time was exemplary.

What I will say, though, is that communication is sometimes very poor from Pure Power: erroneous information (e.g., original shipping date was delayed a very long time, apparently due to disregard or awareness of what was reasonable - it turned out the promised shipping date was far too optimistic, given steps that needed to be completed first);long periods of time not getting responses; emails back and forth (unnecessarily) because my question was either not read carefully or (apparently) understood (or for some other, unknown reason)...etc. Although I don't really know, I suspect at least part of the communication problem stems from the fact the company is very small (two people?), and the product is so good and in demand. And, of course, this is certainly not an unusual thing in high-end audio! :)

In the end: GREAT product that took my system to (back!) another, much higher, level. Just remember that power cords do make a difference! (and the connection - power input - at the unit is 20 amp)
Hi Steve,
I'm using Elrod power cords. An EPS 3 on one, and a Statement Gold on another. The latter is clearly better, but I don't have the money to buy another one. Both sound much, much better than the stock cord.
John
I am sorry to hear you did not get timely responses, Sksos1. As people may know, this was a major problem for me - for a long time. It is very, very sad, as I like the Pure Power people; and the units I have are far superior to anything else I have ever tried. I feel very grateful that mine work fine and help me enjoy music (and video) so much.
I received my Pure Power units back in the summer of 2012 (the second one may have been in the fall). I have posted before on this thread, if anyone wishes to read about my experience. The bottom line, though, is that I have had no hum issues; and I would not want to live without the PP+ units.