purchasing US made speakers

I currently have psb imagine t2 speakers. I am interested in replacing them with US manufactured speakers 10-12 k being the maximum price....perhaps aerial acoustics, vandersteen,,,,,any thoughts? My hearing at age 70 diminishes at 8,000 hz so a good midrange is probably good.
jacobsen1948

Showing 6 responses by tomic601

Actually there are a bunch of whiners who B about the hyper expensive high end when in fact incredible sound is available for relatively low $$$$$
pretty much across the board:
try this : VPI table or Arm, sub in a Well Tempered, Grado or SoundSmith cartridge, Rogue, VTL or Ayre Integrated or an Aesthetix Mimas, most of the great speakers listed above, decent wires and Yowsa !!!!!
Another vote for the Quattro with built in subs and the famous carbon tweeter :-)

I think w hearing issues, you should visit a dealer vs reading about stuff on the internet, my post included... ha

Quad famous for magic midrange, don’t go backwards!!!!!!

back to the music :-))))
I should mention I have two pair of Steens and his made in USA amplifiers, and Apogee, Quad (UK ), ADS, Dynaco, and Klipsch speakers.... oh and quasi Kentucky Thiels...
Welllll the reality is there are few if any 100% made in USA speakers.... however there are some designed here , assy and testing here, cabinets Made here ( many fewer ) .. Vandersteen scour the world for custom drivers with many cones made in USA by them in Hanford, CA, caps and coils made here... But ya, there are a few parts not made here...

of course, there are no export jobs IF everyone has the buy local mindset..
Vandersteen Treo have the excellent tri woven midrange also used in the $15 k Quattro- they are an easy load and integrate well into most rooms. I run mine with a 40 wpc SS amp and a 100 wpc tube amp. Enjoy your search and the music of which there is plenty below 8 kHz !!!!!