PS Audio Ultimate outlet

Have thought about one to protect amp from surges but do not want to affect the sound. Anybody have one?
no_money
Thanks Estmad, my amp definately dims the lights at power up so this will be a problem. I knew it sounded too good to be true.
If all you are looking for is a good quality outlet that will grip your plugs tight, get a Hubbel. Jenna Labs makes a cryo-frozen version if you want your Hubbel to have some fancy audiophile treatments.

Save the surge protection for something better than a fuse in the wall. Sounds like a gimmicky design to me. I've never had good sound from these kinds of devices.

Has anyone tried Brick Wall surge protection devices? They are supposed to be more invisible to the ear.
I think you guys may be right about the amp. But I've plugged one outlet into my P600 and plugged the digital components into it. Big improvement. Then plugged second outlet before the P600--again, the improvement here is nothing to sneeze at. Strips away digital grunge, bigger sound, tighter bass, extended treble. A winner, I think. On the amp, I thought the outlets shut it down and were a negative--could be a result of flimsy power cords that the outlet is supplied with or they need to breakin. Or the outlets are just a bad idea for amps--I originally bought the outlets for the amp, but will most likely keep them for the front-end. Not what I expected.
i currently run my amps straight-in to the wall outlets - it gives the best sound - i don't tink i could afford the two ps-audio p1200's i'd prolly need to power-condition my amps w/o sucking the life outta them! ;~)

but, i'm nervous running 'em unprotected - has anyone had any experience w/the vans evers *unlimiter*? this is a four-outlet conditioner specifically for amps, said specifically *not* to limit the current awailable to yer amps, regardless of their draw. at a retail price of $675, it sounds like it mite almost be worthwhile...

http://www.vansevers.com/Conditioners/2_channel/Unlimiter/unlimiter.html

thanks, doug s.