PS Audio CD Transport - fun story!

Found the PS Audio Lambda CD Transport in Goodwill store for $59.00!!!

I guess this was almost $1800 back in 1992 or thereabouts?!

The matching DAC was sitting right there too but I rejected it!

Online review from back then said the DAC was very good for the price but there were one or two better ones available elsewhere.  I figured with the subsequent 30 years there must be A LOT of better ones by now!?  Don't tell me if I made the wrong decision!  :)

So anyways, sounds mostly great from what I can tell.  I miss having no remote.  The CD drawer is a bit noisy.

Found the remote on Ebay!  It's on its way home now!  I did have to add $100 to what it is really worth, but I will forget about that soon enough.

An Ebay seller in Germany even has a plastic gear available to rebuild the CD drawer.  Once 10 cents, now 25 Euros, haha!  Requires some thought, but I haven't ruled it out yet!

So with the remote I may be able to do a better A-B test vs. my Marantz CD player that is perhaps 10 years old.

I am hoping the PS can win.  At least I am the only kid on the block who has one!

rop45

So, remote control has arrived !  not really any new information.  

i might say the PS sounds better than the Marantz but i also might be imagining it, the difference is slight !     who knows ?! 

But the PS does sound very good.  definitely worth keeping...

rop45

Nice score! Which Marantz player do you own ?

Happy Listening!

rop45

Very nice. The DV 6400 is not a high-end model. The P.S. Audio will probably sound better.

Happy Listening!