Prima Luna have released the Kracken (striketrough) I mean DAC

So has anyone in here actually heard it?
Will it be at Axpona, if so someone's got to say something about it please?

128x128rixthetrick
@yakbob

Thanks for pointing out the Musical Paradise MP-D2. I am surprised at its relative cheap cost. The Primaluna EVO100 is quite pricey relatively. How did the MP-D2 sound? It’s looking like my next DAC will be tube based, since that is more fun. Unfortunately I can’t make use of my surplus 12AU7/AX7s with the MP-D2 and knowing myself, it might send me down a rabbit hole of searching out NOS 6N1Ps. Also rectifier tubes in DACs are intriguing to me... Sorry a bit OT.

I received my new EVO100 DAC a couple of months ago.  I have a Lumin D2 streamer/dac that sounded a bit too shouty for my tastes.  So I thought I would try upgrading the dac to see if that would help.  I debated for months on whether to get one of the much lauded R2R models that are reputed to sound more "analog".  I was really, really close to getting an Audio Mirror Tubadour III SE, but decided to try the PL first.  It is so difficult (for me) to shop for hifi these days with the disappearance of good brick and mortar shops.  The hassle of shipping components back and forth (usually at my cost) annoys me, but oh well.  That's the market now.  So I started with the PL knowing that I had 60 days to return it if I didn't like it.  I do like it.  It took off much of the digital glare I was getting before, so I'm keeping it.  My system gives me chills when I listen to it, so I'm more than content and will not be shipping anything back or trying anything else (at least until my wife turns the heat up on the thermostat and my chills go away).

@rixthetrick:

Prima Luna have released the Kracken (striketrough) I mean DAC

I am a farmer, and my pigs feed from the SLOP TROUGH (pig slop trough - Google Search). Not sure what a STRIKE TROUGH is, though.

Surprised it doesn't have balanced outputs

I have not ever heard nor seen their gear in person but would like to audition one day.