price of Oppo players threw the roof

Was over at Amazon the 203 was priced around $1100. Pure greed.
harley52
For those, like me, who missed out on the 203 or 205 by not responding fast enough, try modding the power supply. For my 103, I got a cheap linear power board unit to replace the digital one and the results were profound. 

Bass just slams, deeply, and dialogue is better. Overall the sound is better as is the picture. More pop and color saturation. My SACD player is still better but the gap was narrowed, just a bit, when it comes to music playback.

My only complaint was that the board is mounted on a 1/4" thick plate that's about 1mm too long so it abuts the inside of the case before it should. One side bolts down fine but the other side doesn't align enough to use the other two bolts. It's in there tight and works fine.

If you're lucky to have gotten the 203 or 205, or still have the 105, check out Clones Audio for their power board. It's the way I'd go. Plug and replace with video to help guide you.

All the best,
Nonoise
@nonoise I am fortunate to have both the 105 and the 205. Shame I cannot use your optional board in Aus. We do have a "Dan Wright" equivalent here so I'll ask him about a replacement. Cheers.
Hey guys it was early morning, for me anyway and hadn't had that first brew coursing through/threw/thru my veins.
Considering it was likely the best bargain in mid-hi Audio (the Eminent Tech LFT-8b’s I just bought are surely a contender), double the price for something that’s now obsolete and who’s ilk will never see the light of day again, isn’t a gouge: it’s simple market economics.
The 205 is a keeper. My 95, which I’ve had for 6 years, is even better for audio with the stacked dacs. I just watched Saving Private Ryan in 4k last night through the 205.
Amazing disc rendered by an amazing player.