Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand

Thanks high Stream...and pesky i had yhe same feling about the Tube based shunt regulator....Can any and all of you on this Fab Thread let me know what  6SN7 you using and why...and were can i get a pair....some like High Stream gave some interesting picks....comon Brothers and let me know what. tubes you selltted

on..hows it sounded to the junk stock,,,and were can i buy a pair.....THANKS MY AUDIO BROTHERS!

@pesky_wabbit 

” One of the reasons the Supratek sounds good is that it uses a tube based shunt regulator, which is pretty rare. Most manufacturers go for a much more easily easily implemented series regulator.“

+1 

and what do you think after talking to don Sachs who uses the Shuguang 6SN7GT vacuum tube in his pre     that i bought for the Gen3 Chardonnay?...comments PLEASE & THANK YOU!!

There’s a “Reference 6SN7” thread on head-fi and a “Shootout of Nos 6sn7 tubes” here on Agon. Another with the same title on What’s Best Forum. Then there are tube dealer charts, as mentioned above.

I have several older 6SN7 and 6F8G pairs available to try out.

For Supratek owners who are rolling their 6SN7s I'd like to simply draw your attention to the nearby thread on the Linlai E 6SN7 tubes. I haven't tried them but apparently they sound pretty good.