Power conditioner or outlet?

I have a Shunyata MPC-12a power conditioner. Read that it was a good choice for audio equipment so I bought it. I also have high end power cords to all my equipment, as well as to my Shunyata.

I have recently read comments from listeners that you should plug your amp/preamp straight into the wall. Is that the case if you have a good power conditioner? I will do so if it is a better option, just concerned about no surge protection for the amps...but also don't want degraded sound! I am asking this because I am a newbie at all this, more money than audio sense. I am interested if anyone might have any experience in this
128x128easola01
I installed a whole house surge protector on my main breaker panel and another on my Geothermal unit. 

But, when I am aware of lightening events, I still unplug.

ozzy
easola01
Yes surprisingly we heard an improvement in sound quality 
when adding PS audio noise harvesters to a system with a Furman power conditioner, 2 minimum ,
I really liked when when we got up to # 5 ( I thinking of a few more )
I do not have a power conditioner or AC regenerator .
stringreen
When I was trying the Green Wave , Audio Prism and PS Audio noise harvesters I had unplugged everything in the house and one at a time I would plug one of those filters in where my refrigerator was plugged in and listen . This is how I determined that the Green Wave was best being plugged into the outlets with motors .  
As for the PS noise Harvesters , They are only on my circuit that supplies my stereo and for me they improved the sound  and when my furnace motor runs the lights go crazy " eliminating " the noise .
Ozzy
great idea , covers everything for surges .

Happy Friday
Homemade Pizza night 
Rob

Can anyone recommend a good lan surge protector....just for lan! I suppose I will implement this chain?

LAN jack - surge protector - router - various components
easola01

Yes any connection that creates a complete circuit path from an outlet through equipment to another outlet is a potential carrier of lightening. WiFi is fast enough to create a local area network so if your equipment doesn’t have WiFi built in you can get a router that will receive the signal and pass it via LAN. It’s easy to set up and what I’ve done to isolate the router coax connection and the rest of the equipment. Don’t want to think about setting it up? Use an Apple Airport system and visit the ‘set up help’ on their Airport Utility for Mac or PC which walks you through it. If you have more experience you can do it with non Apple products. The newer products will work on “ac” networks which are screaming fast or older ones will have 5G or “n” networks which are fine for passing audio, the network utility app is super easy to use. All Apple routers also transmit audio signals via lossless SPDIF. Just plug a 3mm SPDIF adaptor into the headphone jack and you’ve got a lossless audio WiFi router system.

For those of you that asked about the sound differences in adding a PS 15. The low end is richer, the system is pin dropping quiet, having the perfect sine wave power with a large pool of current waiting to be used lets everything breath and open up. The highs are clearer and midrange more expansive.

Good luck,
Steve
Hi , did you upgrade the Outlets ? I have a Richard Grey unit and Silnote cords . But I also installed Hubbell medical grade gold plated outlets . I was amazed at how cheap the existing ones were . They utilized a spring push in system . The Hubbell’s  put the “Death Grip “ on my cords . If I ran big SS amps , I would go straight to the wall. Cheers , Mike .