Power conditioner or outlet?

I have a Shunyata MPC-12a power conditioner. Read that it was a good choice for audio equipment so I bought it. I also have high end power cords to all my equipment, as well as to my Shunyata.

I have recently read comments from listeners that you should plug your amp/preamp straight into the wall. Is that the case if you have a good power conditioner? I will do so if it is a better option, just concerned about no surge protection for the amps...but also don't want degraded sound! I am asking this because I am a newbie at all this, more money than audio sense. I am interested if anyone might have any experience in this
128x128easola01
Vair68robert.....wow, complicated! For me at least. I don't understand all of that, you have obviously invested a great deal of research in coming up with all this. What I think I do understand is I should invest in these ps audio harvesters in addition to my power conditioner? This would improve sound...is that right?
Vair68....probably not......you must listen and return if it doesn't perform in your system.  I tried Audioquest harvesters and boy were they awful ....closed in and grained up the sound
I installed a whole house surge protector on my main breaker panel and another on my Geothermal unit. 

But, when I am aware of lightening events, I still unplug.

ozzy
easola01
Yes surprisingly we heard an improvement in sound quality 
when adding PS audio noise harvesters to a system with a Furman power conditioner, 2 minimum ,
I really liked when when we got up to # 5 ( I thinking of a few more )
I do not have a power conditioner or AC regenerator .
stringreen
When I was trying the Green Wave , Audio Prism and PS Audio noise harvesters I had unplugged everything in the house and one at a time I would plug one of those filters in where my refrigerator was plugged in and listen . This is how I determined that the Green Wave was best being plugged into the outlets with motors .  
As for the PS noise Harvesters , They are only on my circuit that supplies my stereo and for me they improved the sound  and when my furnace motor runs the lights go crazy " eliminating " the noise .
Ozzy
great idea , covers everything for surges .

Happy Friday
Homemade Pizza night 
Rob

Can anyone recommend a good lan surge protector....just for lan! I suppose I will implement this chain?

LAN jack - surge protector - router - various components