Plinus 8200 MkII vs. Unico Nuovo with Totem

SO, I am in the midst of the big scale down and now have a pair of Totem Model One Signatures.  Some time in the future I hope to get a pair of Mani 2's.

I have the opportunity to buy a Plinius 8200 MkII or Unico Nuovo to power the Model One Sigs.  They both seem to be good matches and have phono stages to boot.

Will the Nuovo be underpowered (esp. with the Mani's to be) or too bass shy?  Will the Plinius not be musical enough? 

Thanks for you help.
budburma

Showing 3 responses by budburma

Awesome advice.  I'd like a phono stage so I may go with the Plinius....Simaudio 250i
It looks like the Simaudio integrateds might be underpowered for the Model Ones and Mani 2's.  They do keep a 5 W reserve in class a and likely have more current,  but still on the edge without much headroom.  I had Plinius SA201paired with grunt hungry  Dynaudio Confidence 3's and it had plenty of juice.  The Plinius 8200 has a not so musical  pre section, but the Sim integrateds look a little underpowered unless you go to the 340 an that's still borderline...

Thanks!  Done and done.  I'll look around for an outboard phono as time goes by no doubt.