Please help me to define diagnosis of the following illness.

Very often especially lately I’ve been diving into one specific music style and going there around a year non-stop without even thinking of playing something else. While I was happy to devour dark ambient for almost a year, my next transition was to hip-hop/rap and there I stayed without listening anything else for quite a bit.

Classical music waves happened at least a couple of times

Right now I’ve finally "upgraded" myself and listening to minimalism of all kinds and deep EDM house/techno which makes it a few styles together that are I'd say pretty close to each other.

I’d probably say that it’s sort of ??MONOAUDISM??; MONOMELOPHOBIA??

Please suggestions. Thanks!

P.S. I had to verify this post with traffic lights in order to prove that I’m not robot

czarivey

Showing 1 response by deadhead1000

I sometimes go through phases, right now I am not listening to any Classical or Jazz, although I like those genre's just fine and will hop on those bandwagons for months at a time. 

The only genre that seems to only last a few albums is Death Metal, although when I get in the mood, the house rocks.

I think what you are experiencing is normal behavior and probably does not need any medication - unless you want to....