Phono Pre with volume control?

I've recently gone to a system with turntable as only source.I wanted to eliminate full function preamp.Is anyone aware of a high quality stand alone phono preamp with volume control?
mar00
NYAL made a superb tubed phono stage known as the "Super It". they become available on the "net" from time to time and can be upgraded to a phonemenal performance level.
I second Hungryear and Bamafan, the Aesthetix IO is the best I've heard of this breed. More than enough gain to drive an amp without a line stage. When you see the volume control you'll know why it costs an extra $2500! And if you want to go all-out, you can do what Albert Porter does and get a separate power supply for each channel--just be prepared for a lot of heat and weight, as this is an all-tube unit, including the power supply, with well over 20 tubes in the standard, one power supply version.
I'm building my own, around an AHT DM-P, which offers 66 db of gain, enough for no line stage of amplification in my system (and surely in almost all systems). If you want advice on building a world-class ladder type stepped attenuator, just post your email address on this thread and I'll give you the details of what I'm doing. It eliminates a cable and its connections at both ends, both financially and sonically beneficial. In essence, I've built a chassis that surrounds the AHT DM-P chassis (not counting its power supply, which is separate) and mounted the attenuators in close proximity to its circuit board(s), and run connections from them to the switches. You could get a millwork shop to do the surrounding chassis for you if you can't do it yourself. Incidentally, my main reason for doing this was to avoid the complex circuitry and mediocre volume controls in even such prestigious preamps as the CAT SL 1 III and the CAT Ultimate. Even with a fully separate passive preamp, I got much better transparency and detail.
Thanks everyone so far I'm always amazed thay no matter what the question or topic there's always someone with knowledge and experience on the subject.Tom I'm very interested in your project you can contact me at [email protected] Thanks again......Bob
According to their web site http://www.musicalsurroundings.com, the Aesthetix IO with volume control is ONLY $7000.00.