Phono pre amp recommendations? - upgrading from ICON AUDIO PS1 MK II

hey everyone, I am kindly asking for your phono pre amp recommendations, especially if you have experience with my current amp (icon audio PS1 MKII).

for the first time in my audio journey right now my system is so close to perfect (to my ears) and im incredibly happy about that. my current set up is Marantz tt15 turntable with dynavector 20x2 cartridge, primaluna prologue premium integrated and elysian 4 speakers. its very transparent, detailed, smooth, open, and in my opinion pretty neutral. when I swapped out my phono pre amp for one that my friend made(also tube design), it was like everything came to life, I couldn’t believe I was listening to the same system as I was 5 minutes ago. everything had more weight, and was more life like, it was darker and yet more lively, the vocals jumped out in front: so detailed and life like yet smooth and warm and not edgy or sharp or fatiguing like I often hear. it is currently the sound I am chasing (my friend will not sell this amp, or make another one like it, some friend huh?).

can anyone recommend a phono pre in the 3-4k range that can accomplish most or at least some of these qualities? my conclusions are that the icon audio is great, tonnes of headroom, detail, smooth, super quiet, big soundstage, but that it is too neutral for my ears and system and not warm enough, or its too polite, it seems to disappear in the system which may be a great quality for some.

does anyone have experience with this amp and can make a recommendation for an amp that has more warmth richness and weight (and forwardness?) in the midrange without giving up the other qualities I mentioned? I’m not looking for that vintage mushy sweet tube sound, more looking for what I have with just a hint more of that magic lol.

a couple of amps I am looking into are the modwright ph9, lab12 melto 2, and Allnic h-5500 (although a bit out of my budget).

I would appreciate and advice you can give me or any experience you can share with me.

thanks so much

128x128palutena

+1 for audioguy85  's recommendation 

I have the Tavish Design Adagio , it uses 6 tubes for MM cartridges  and adds Jensen SUT for MC  cartridges ( upgrade to the 1 to 1.12 transformers ) .

The great part about them besides the extensive variety of sounds you can achieve with tube rolling iare the resistance and capacitance switches up front with on the fly changing !   I found the capacitance  switch very handy in determining the right sound with a Soundsmith MI cartridge .

The Allnic 3000 has it's merits for sure. Very telling is the amount of time they sit on HIFISHARK before selling. 2-3 days and they're gone. 

I owned a Icon Audio PS1 and took advantage of an offer from Audioarcan to upgrade it to the PS3.   All i remember about this upgrade was that the PS1 had a darker background than the PS3,  the PS3 had a better soundstage. 

what is everyones thoughts on a used aesthetix rhea signature? 

slightly concerned about age of the unit, and the 3 stages of tube gain instead of transformers, is this a particularly noisy amp? every review states a sound signature that sounds like it would be perfect for what im looking for. and in my budget on the used market. 

thanks 

If you want all tube phono performance the Primaluna Evo 100 is at the max of your budget.

Presently using one.

Competent to handle a $10k+ table/cart. 

It will match up nicely with your PL. . A "final/done" piece until your ready to blow some serious cash and split hairs.