Parasound HCA-2200II Runs Very Hot

I just acquired this unit through our local Craigslist. Unit is almost pristine cosmetically. The sound too, was exceptional. I found it to be better than the McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe it replaced. I am not kidding! Listening at low volume levels was quite revealing as the lows and the highs were quite apparent. I had not heard the highs and the lows on the DNA-1 Deluxe at low listening levels. Anyway, back to my point, the HCA-2200II runs very very hot when it is played for long periods of time - like for a few hours. Would like to know from others who own or have owned it if they are aware of this heat issue. It drives a pair of B&W Nautilus 802 speakers.
morgandogge

Showing 1 response by georgehifi

Morgandogge hi:

The B&W 802's are bit of a pig of a load to drive, so yes your amp will be working hard, pumping out good amounts of current. So long as both sides are the same temp, all should be ok.
The Nelson Pass test, 30c-35c ambient temp, is palms of the hands on the heat sinks for 4 seconds then need to remove them, is a highest class A bias setting you should have after a couple of hours.

Cheers George