Oppomod femto clock upgrade Oppo 205

Appreciate feedback as I'm considering for mine. Thanks.
ptss

Showing 1 response by millercarbon

What’s funny is how everywhere you go on this site you find people har har-ing, and pontificating, and bloviating, about stuff they never did and so have no freaking clue what they are talking about! fuzztone, have you tried one of these mods? stereo5? Erik_squires we know you haven’t, all you ever do is cut and paste ad copy from some of the worst sources on the interzones. soix at least gets credit for saying, "I think" which means, "I don’t know, but" and so at least we know he knows he doesn’t know. All the rest are freaking posers who should be ashamed!

auxinput on the other hand, thank you for being the exception that proves the rule. I can only hope it is clear to the OP the difference between your informative post and the others prattling palaver.

I don’t have that Oppo and haven’t done that exact mod but I did mod my Oppo with a better clock, and more, and it is no joke, they will punch far beyond their class and your money gets you more with a mod than with a whole new component.

So my feedback is if you like the sound you have and want "the same only better" this will get you there. Another DAC will not be "the same only better" it will be "different, hopefully better". Hopefully you can already tell by the thoroughness of his reply that auxinput knows what he’s talking about. Only thing I would add is when he says it changes the character and nature what he means is it gets so much better it sounds like a whole new DAC. To me these things are massive improvements more so than changes but there comes a point where one verges into the other and this is one of those areas. Bottom line: expect a big improvement. No joke.