OMG. What now?

After all the listening, the buying, the seeking, the reading, the tweaking, the testing, the critiquing, the latest trend, and the old forgotten mend… my system sounds wonderful - to me.

I’m enjoying the music without thinking about this thing, that thing, the worst thing, the next thing, the best thing… another thing. But I just know there’s something better!

That’s it. It’s the ultimate blessing or, dare I say it, the ultimate curse. I’ve reached the end of the audiophile’s dilemma. Or have I? What now? So,

1. I’m not using a preamp between my digital source and my amp. Both are outstanding, so do I really need one?

2. Where’s the best place to sell my used stuff?

3. What’s the most obvious “weak link” that’s holding my system back from a yet undiscovered audiophile music nirvana?

We all here suffer the same neuroses, so any help is appreciated.

Ag insider logo xs@2xideal8592

Showing 1 response by ejr1953

@ideal8592 Congrats!  Glad you joined the "done stressing over the gear club".  I've been a member of that club for a while now, though I did purchase a new CD-SACD transport in December (as PS Audio offered a new model, and a key part of the one I replaced was no longer being produced).  Hoping you can relax and enjoy the music more!