ok guys get me into 200+ wpc

i asked you which amp under $1200. can I get something of at least medium or above quality with 200 or above wpc for same money? (hopefully!) thanks for all the suggestions
dpm2340

Showing 3 responses by devon

I will second the Sar Lab Mos 400.It is definitely a "giant killer"
I think there is one for sale on Audiogon right now.
I have two and no regrets.
Chris96..I did ask him why and his answer...quote/unquote

""I was looking for a dual-mono amp that
would match well with either an Aragon 8008BB or aragon palladium 1K's.
A friend of mine recommended this amp so I went on an internet quest to
find one. Now, I've decided to downsize and simplify. I got tired of
all the thick power cables and stuff clogging up the back of the eq rack.""

Seems to me he prefers the Aragon but in a previous email also stated he "didn't really give it a chance"....his choice.
All the suggestions above are interesting choices and I wouldn't question either of them.
Thats the trouble with the audio market,if you are a small independant ,with an exellent product, usually you can't afford to spread "big bucks" around for advertisement.
But that disadvantage ,for the small independant,becomes our advantage because there are "hidden treasures..gems"that do not demand a inflated ridiculous price but has superb quality.....thus the Sar Lab Mos 400.
There are only 37 in exsistance and counting.
I will admit the ONE disavantage of these "hidden gems" is their resale value is terrible.Of course that is if you are selling but if you are buying .....
Sorry a little off topic
I think it is for his HT.
Check out this site.No I don't have a financial interest in Sar lab.
I just like to give the "little guy" some exposure and a chance in the big audio world.

http://www.audiofileoptions.com/