NuForce STA 200

Hi, everyone! I need some inputs here. I am shopping for a Amplifier and came to know NuForce STA 200. Is it a good amp? What is a pre-amp recommended to go with it? I called the seller, the guy said he recommended any “decent” Parasound pre-amp. What do you think? If I buy the amp, for now, will use it to run my Klipsch R28F and will use my Onkyo TA-8555 as pre-amp. 
justinpham2012

Showing 8 responses by mrdecibel

@reubent - 1st, I wish you, and all, safety and well being, during this pandemic of ours. I sold my CC2 a few years ago, along with many other amps from my collection ( had close to 100 ), after purchasing my 1st STA200, as it easily bettered it. As I mentioned earlier, the CC2 was a great amp, but unlike tomic, I had no interest in rebuilding it, but felt, it would be worth it. I am down to a dozen or so, of some older amps. Anyway, be well, and Enjoy !. 
Keep in mind the STA 200 amp has an input sensitivity of .45 volts and a gain of 34.5 db. It was designed with the intent of the user to feed straight into it, the Nuforce dac, which puts out just a bit under 1.5 volts. Using any preamp, with gain ( non passive ), it is likely you will be using just a small movement of the volume control. If there is any system noise preceding it, this amp will amplify it. It is, however, an excellent amplifier and will sing with your Klipsch. Enjoy ! MrD.
The original $ 1299. price for the STA 200 was not going to work, simply because the JOB 225 was $1599., more power and bridgeable. However, the technology is almost exact, and when Nuforce decided to deliver them to their dealers for far less, the $499. became the new price. There are many who feel at $1299. it would still be a good deal. I purchased mine in April of "17, at the $499. price, just for the shits and giggles of it, knowing I could return it. Surprisingly, it has bettered many amps in my collection, many of which I have sold off. I did not manufacture it, nor do I have any association with the company, but my ears tell me it is a very good music maker. Enjoy ! MrD.
I had a CC2 and BT2 back then. The amp in particular, was exceptional for what it was. Considering the age and technology of the components in the CC2, my bet is on the Nuforce. However, a complete rebuild of the CC2 might be very enjoyable. Enjoy ! MrD.
Devilboy, the STA200 is a very " non resonant " chassis, and those rubber feet at 90 degree angles are all part of the design. I have tried other feet, and very little improvement. I do have the amp sitting on an old VPI platform, which is a sandwich design of various materials that is quite non resonant in and of itself. I am still amazed at the sonic ability of this little gem. Enjoy ! MrD
Not sure of whom you are asking the question. I am using a Luminous Audio Axiom, Walker mod, 3 in, 2 out, single ended, with remote. Incredible. Enjoy, MrD.