Notable very small loudspeaker companies (other than Tekton!)

Let's give a shout-out to those very small speaker companies that make excellent products.  I'm thinking of true one-man operations (owner-designer-maker) as well as very small ones (owner-designer + a very few employees).

My nominees: Ryan, Prana, Philharmonic, Fritz, Watkins, Vaughn, Chapman, even Daedalus, Salk, Selah.

Who else belongs in this list?

How do they manage to compete with the "big boys", in quality if not in quantity?

128x128twoleftears

@duckworp

I've been very curious about the Boenick speakers.  Can you describe their sound?
The Volti’s do look interesting for a modern take on some classic horn designs Implemented with some carefully chosen drivers and “Tunable” crossovers for folks that venture past just plug and play.

The rival would be the only one that I was interested in but unfortunately,Greg doesn’t allow any in home demos anymore.

It did strike me rather oddly that even though the builder owner makes 3 different speaker designs he prefers something else for his own personal listening.

The X2 from Spatial Audio with the modified Beyma tweeter and the big boy woofer would make a great open baffle speaker for folks that like them and have the room for them.

Enjoy,
Kenny.
JM Reynaud of France. Only 5 dealers in N. America. The factory in Barbezieux produces around 500 pairs per year. Unfortunately because of the limited distribution this speaker line is one of the best-kept secrets in all of high-end audio.  Seek them out, grasshopper...ye shall be richly rewarded.