Next step up from the Dynavector 20x2 for more bass?

Hi everyone I have officially had my very first moving coil cartridge for almost a week. The Dynavector 20x2L version my last cartridge was a ortofon 2m bronze. The Dynavector is everything the 2m wasn't. Fast more clear and no sense of slugging and better detail. The only thing the Dynavector That I'm disaponted is the bass definition. Don't kid me wrong the bass goes lower on bass heavy tracks. But it lacks bass being pronounced  and definition which the 2m bronze has. 
So my question would it be worth Getting the Dynavector xx2 because I hear nothing but good things of the bass response on it?
128x128jakecanada

Showing 1 response by avanti1960

don't blame it on the cartridge- I had a DV20X2L on a VPI table and there was bass o'plenty- perhaps too much bass.  
if you have a rega table you need to add shims to the tonearm to set the VTA properly- the rega cartridges are ~ 4mm shorter than the dynavector from mount surface to stylus tip.  experiment with the 2mm shim first.  
i have also heard that rega tables run fast and if so this could also be part of the issue.