New Townshend Rock 7 owner

The Townshend is in transit to it's new home. I purchased this one-owner table as a package, complete w/ Funk Firm FXR ll arm, dc motor upgrade, Discovery Balanced phono cable and Brinkman PI cartridge. It come with all original boxes, manuals.

If all goes well, I should be able to get it up and running with one exception, my phono stage is not balanced. Since the original owner bought this from a respected dealer as a package, I think my best route would be to get a pair of RCA to XLR adapters in order to hear the package as close as possible as was intended.

Any thoughts on that aspect? What brand adapters would be recommended? Also, any thing I might need to know from experienced users to help with set-up? Thanks.
128x128slaw
alonski,

I finally received a new belt from Townshend. I ordered one from Origin Live as well the other day. Looking forward to comparing.
I have received my Origin Live belt and it's been in use for a few hours. I've read on this site about others' positive experiences with this belt. So, I expected to hear something good. What I did not expect was to be blown away by all of the ways this belt has changed the musical presentation and my enjoyment from listening now.

The paper that comes with the belt says to let it run in for an hour before hearing it in it's best light, (paraphrasing). I did that. What I noticed immediately without listening was how quiet it was. Upon touching the motor while running, there is noticeable less vibration. Now for the big test. (It seems that somehow the belt absorbs the motor vibrations without transferring them to the sub-platter).

My listening experience is now transformed. I realize that is a big word but it best describes the difference I'm hearing. The noise floor has been lowered dramatically. This allows for hearing nuances that I did not notice before or the ones I barely noticed before, being more easily heard now. The feeling of less electronics in the way of the music is there. I feel like I'm in the studio while listening to studio recordings. The stage seems to have been pushed back or maybe I should say in no way "in your face". (I listen in the near field in my small room.) The bass is much more musical and presented with greater authority and the entire low bass spectrum is of much more importance and meaningful than before.

The belt is shorter that the stock belt. This seems to have logical positive implications as well.

Did I say quiet? Yes the entire listening experience has a quieter background. I'd say in terms of a percentage of increased listening satisfaction, I'd give it around 30%+. This has to be one of THE best bang for the buck upgrades for a tt owner.

Thank you Origin Live!
By the way...this belt has a two year warranty. IME, unheard of.

I think they are safe.
Remind me Slaw, as I have forgotten: Does the Mk.7 have a sub-platter under the 12" acrylic platter, around which the belt rides? My Elite Mk.2 does, and if the Origin Live belt is of a length for a smaller sub platter I gotta get myself one.
bdp24,

Yes it has a sub-platter. On OL's website, I don't recall a pre-made belt for your specific table but they will make one if it needs a different size. They give you two ways of measuring for a custom belt.