New TEO Audio ICs, who has them?

TEO has been busy, they recently introduced the KRONOS ICs:

https://www.dagogo.com/audio-blast-three-new-cables-two-cable-makers/

I see they also have an upgraded version of the Game Changer (GC II):

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis8e6gg-teo-audio-gcii-1m-different-physics-math-different-result...

tommylion

Showing 16 responses by tuffy72561

I have a demo'd Ultra Interconnect. I just listened to it last week immediately after Installing in my system. Within a few seconds I could here the difference over my previous cable the TEO Game Changer.....not kidding you will notice immediately a big difference. Only listened to last Saturday night and the following day so far. I plan to listen extensively this weekend. I am not sure how far along my cable was in the breakin process as it was demo'd out to some listeners be for I purchased it. Everything seemed about 2 notches better More details, larger soundstage with beautiful vocal and instrument textures and what I would describe as more layers of sound. Makes me wonder what the Kronon and others must sound like further up the Teo line. Makes you think of moving up there line next time instead of component upgrades...I am not kidding! I would definitely recommend the GC II and if you can afford it or are not that impressed  with the GCII then try the Ultra if at all possible.  It is a big jump up in performance from the GC....and I really liked the GC as it replaced my $900 Darwin The Truth XLR IC!
In_shore,

Wow the Kronon. I am sure you are going to be thrilled with those.

wig,

I am really curious how the Ultra is going to compare to the Splash.
in_shore,

Enjoy and report back. Very happy with my Ultra. Several steps above the already impressive Game Changer. Ultra may be the sweet spot of the Teo line. Although feedback already reported here sounds like the Game Changer II is awesome . .es p ecially for the money.
lak,

I have the last prototype demo of the Teo Ultra and it is definitely a few notches above the original GC.
@lak 

My Ultra's sounded really good right after installation. Clearly about a couple of notches better, I would say, than the already very nice Game Changer. My Ultra's may have been pretty well broken in, as I believe I bought the last prototype and current configuration. I can't tell if they further improved as I applied the TC enhancer to most of my system and that caused, I think, a couple of leaps in sound quality since installation.
@taras22 

It was a pleasure to meet and talk with you. I wish we could have had better weather here in Chicago for everybody. I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Amazing how time flew while moving from room to room for two days. Always fun listening to different equipment, meeting new audio enthusiasts and hearing new music too!
I have been running 2 Teo Ultra RCA IC's in my system in parallel via the Schroeder Method (named and discovered by audio reviewer Doug Schroeder of Dagogo.com)  The result is quite impressive. The increase in performance is substantial; especially in terms soundstage depth, three dimensionality and the lowered noise floor which allows tremendous revelation of detail and decay of notes. Please continue to read as there is a WARNING in the next paragraph as to how not to implement this in your system!

I took my old Teo Game Changer RCA IC over to my friend's system and ran in parallel with his current Game Changer via the Schroeder Method. The results were also very dramatic. Within 30 minutes his system sounded to me like he had added substantially improved speakers and a DAC. He was absolutely giddy. He claimed nothing he ever did to his system had this kind of positive effect. I have to agree, as I always thought his system sounded thin when compared to mine, but not anymore.

The Schroeder Method involves using basically 4 RCA splitters to connect 2 runs of RCA IC's between 2 audio components. I bought my Audioquest RCA splitters from Crutchfield. WARNING DO NOT CONNECT TO ANY POWER AMPLIFIERS AS THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF DOING REAL DAMAGE TO THEM. I have them connected between my CD and Integrated amp (so essentially connecting between CD and Preamp section). Please read Doug Schroeder's review of this method in the Audio Blast called The Schroeder Method of Cable Connection at Dagogo.com, dated June 18, for a very complete description and much better literary experience.  I try to read all of Doug's reviews as I have found them to be spot on! He was already my favorite reviewer before I happened to be lucky enough to meet both him and Taras of Teo Audio together at AXPONA in Schaumburg , Illinois back April of this year. This method allows Teo cable lovers to ramp up the performance to cost ratio even higher! 
It is quite an experience to first hear what the Schroeder Method can do for SQ in your system. I doubt many will want to go back to single interconnect runs after trying it! Its been a few months since I first tried the Schroeder Method in my system, but from what I remember  everything just got a LOT better. Deeper and wider soundstage, much more detailed and more meat on the bones of instruments and vocals....everthing seems so much more THREE DIMENSIONAL. Two Teo Ultras run with this method, I heard through the grapevine, definitely better a single Teo Kronon in SQ and I don't doubt that.

I took my former Teo GC over to a fellow Audiogoner friend's house to try in his system and within about 20 minutes his system went from being a little thin sounding, compared to my system, to full and beautiful. He was absolutely giddy and said this was the absolute best thing he had ever done to his system. Needless to say, he was glad that I had talked him into buying the 4 RCA splitters for this demonstrstion. He also bougt my GC on the spot. I think the Schroeder Method with the GCs in his system even had more impact than with the Ultras in mine. The sound improvement to me was as if he had changed out and upgraded at least a few components in his system. My gut tells me the sweet spot, best performance ratio for the dollar, may very be 2 GC IIs run with the Schroeder Method.

I sure hope Doug gets some kind of credit and/or compensation for this find. He already was my favorite reviewer before this recommendation.......Thanks again Doug!!
All I can say is the Schroeder Method really works. Thanks again Doug! To anybody reading this, if you are not totally sarisfied with your system, considering upgrading a component or just looking to tweak your system..... please try this method first before you do anything else. Your jaw might drop upon hearing what your system sounds like with the Schroeder Method!
I almost forgot to thank Taras too, as he mentioned the Schroeder Method to me first just minutes before he introduced me to Doug Schroeder at the AXPONA show. I got lucky, or as Spock would say "random chance seems to have operated in my favor"  Lol
I just wanted to add that when this method was first mentioned to me by Taras it had no name. It was just somethi ng Doug had thought about and tried sucessfully.If it wasn't for my trust in both Taras' and Doug's opinions, from prior dealings and recommendations, I probably would have scoffed at this method..... figuring if it is so good why wasn't it already in use throughout audiodom at this point.
@taras 22

Can you compare the performance of the new Ultra double double vs the 2 Ultra's run in parallel with the Audioquest splitters that you've tested before and that I am now running in my system and still loving? 
@taras 22

Sounds like I would be interested when the Ultra double double becomes available. Man does requiring only one  interconnect in my system  setup and having it as good as the 2 Ultras split togethet really make a big difference. Wow! Thanks Taras, I hope you are having a nice Summer up in Kingston.
@taras 22

That is good to hear. I will reach out to you soon on the Ultra double double. Do you have pricing set on the Ultra double double yet? 

Hot here too. Almost every weekend it was upper 80's or warmer with high humidity. Too hot for golf a lot of the time. Hung out by some lakes and had a few cool ones while listening too live music....about my favorite combination! Also listened to my stereo system a lot which now sounds wonderful with the double run of the Ultra with the RCA splitter!
Yes they do. In fact I have the Silnote Anniversary speaker cables which Doug Schroeder, the Dagogo Audio reviewer and discover of the Schroeder Method for doubling interconnects, said were great speaker cables and only bettered by the Teo Audio speaker cable in his experience  as of the review! I think the review is about four years old. I would love to try them. I am very happy with my Teo Audio Double Double Ultra. 
I only use and require 1 interconnect  pair in my system (Exemplar LSA Statement integrated amp to EVS modded OPPO 205) but it is a really good one. A double double Ultra RCA 1 Meter. I was told that this is better than a single Kronos. I've had it for three years and it has inspired me to upgrade all of my cabling quite a bit. Cabling makes a really big difference in a system. The Ultras aren't going anywhere for awhile. Taras and Ken are both great guys!