New Magneplanar 1.7 owner

Yee-haw!

Since my current speakers are now out of production and replacement parts are rapidly dwindling, I decided to fix them one last time and consign them. This put me on a 2-1/2 month quest for replacement speakers.

After considering the usual ID suspects in my price range (e.g., Salk Soundtowers, Ascend Sierra Towers, LSA 2.1 Towers, etc.) and auditioning what was available in my area, I was so completely captivated by the virtual reality experience of the Magnepans that I came home with a pair of 1.7s today.

Normally the store doesn't stock them but rather takes your order and gets them in in 1-4 wks depending on their availability and production schedule. But lucky me, they had a pair in stock of the color combo I wanted, silver aluminum side rails and black cloth. I'm breaking them in as I write.

They look ridiculously large in my living room, but that's part of the fun of the insanity and joy of this hobby, eh? Meanwhile, even before they're broken in I'm discovering new details in familiar recordings. My little Mirage subwoofers match up well to flatten and extend that bass response down to around 36 Hz. They helped the imaging pop into focus.
johnnyb53

Showing 1 response by magnumpi205