New Lux SACD unit

First day listening to a new Luxman D-05u player through my new Lyric integrated and my VS UniField3 MkII speakers.  Its magic.  Smallish system, big room (15 x 24), full sound, deep bass, leaves me wanting nothing more.  
rpeluso

Showing 3 responses by mahler123

Isn't sonic nirvana a beautiful thing?  I am enjoying my SACDs with my Oppo 105 outputting DSD into a Bryston BDA-3 via HDMI.  SACD is such a great format when it is well reproduced 

@milpai 
I would refer you the Larry Greenhill review in Stereophile as my experience is fairly similar.  Previously I was listening to my SACD via my Oppo 105 in 2 channel .  Compared to the Oppo the dynamic range and soundstage have both noticeably increased.  The midrange in particular is superbly natural.  I was listening to Ralph Vaughn Williams 8 th Symphony-a Chandos  SACD with Richard Hickok conducting the London Symphony-and I had a "you are there" moment during the slow movement-everything was so beautiful and natural.
  There is a lot more detail, but not in a clinical, x Ray kind of manner.  When I go a live Concert, I am always struck by how much more Orchestral detail I detect on works that I thought I knew cold.  There are always details of percussion and subsidiary themes from the other instruments that even the best playback and recordings obscure.  With the Bryston it's all there, but not unnaturally highlighted

@randyhat 
embarrassed to admit that I also own the Sony XA 5400 ES in a different system, have wondered the same, and haven't tried it.  The problem is that since I first created the system with the Sony, which sits in a surround system in our main living room system, which I rarely use, and we have created built ins to house the components.  I use a professional installer for that system and it's now difficult to reach behind AVR and disconnect anything.  I had back surgery a few months ago and the contortions required to do this just aren't worth it.  I've been thinking about replacing the 5400 and the BRP in that system with one box and selling off the 5400, but as it seems that Uncle Sam is going to dispose of my disposable income before I could dispose of it this year, this project will have to wait.
  However, to answer your question, I strongly suspect the 5400 DSD will play through the Bryston.