New JBL Studio Monitors (4349) Coming in September

https://www.whathifi.com/us/news/jbl-launches-retro-looking-4349-studio-monitor-loudspeakers

Showing 6 responses by dave_b

The 4429’s can throw a hugely detailed dynamic soundstage with amazing depth and image placement.  They can re create a live “In the club” sound like few others I’ve ever heard.  Full, organic and uncompressed in there presentation.  They are fun, exciting and way better than most of the $15k to $20k speakers I’ve owned!
I am still in love with my 4429’s...absolutely phenomenal speakers that image like crazy, dynamics galore and sound so vinylesque in the mid band!
4411’s....cute!  The 4429’s are the real deal and are as dynamic as the source and amplification will allow without compression.  I use a Krell 200 watt amp...no restrictions!
@johnlcnm...Not sure when the updates were done on the 4429.  Mine are a year old so there may be a difference there, but driving them with my Krell produces some of the best bass I’ve ever heard, short of my Wilson WP 6’s driven by ML 300 watt amps!
John...if you feel the sound lacks transparency, extension  or unrestrained dynamics, try Anticables speaker cables.  I have level 3’s which are amazing, although I also use Transparent for some material...nice to switch it up once in awhile!