New DAC not streaming hi res files

I just obtained the Chord Qutest DAC in the hope of streaming hi res files. In short, it’s not doing it.
The indicator that changes colors with each different sampling rate remains fixed at the lowest color setting when streaming hi res files from Qobuz.  I have an Arcam  streamer  connected to the DAC  with a coax cable attached to a BNC adapter, as the Chord doesn’t have a coax accepter. And The Arcam doesn’t accept optical cables.
Could these connections be at fault?  I don’t know how to circumvent the problem
128x128rvpiano

Showing 6 responses by mahler123

How are you getting Quobuz into the DAC?  From a PC, or from the Arcam?  Do you have High Rez files stored on a Hard Drive somewhere?  If the answer is yes, Is the DAC reading those files?
if Quobuz is coming from a PC, check the output settings on the PC, as it may be downsampling High Rez content before it sends it to the DAC.  Are you sure that the Arcam is speed to handle High Rez files?
Are there other connection options?  Usb?  Some DACs only do High Res via usb
Is the Arcam the rplay?  That apparently only has coax out, very odd.  It does raise the possibility that the adapter that you are using is not allowing a high res stream, which was your original guess.
see if you can attach a computer as above and if it plays high res via usb.  That would confirm that the connector is the culprit 
I just looked up specs on the Qutest, it is supposed to do High Res over both usb or coax.  If the Arcam doesn’t have a usb, can you attach a computer via usb and play a high Rez file from the computer?
And have you tried a high Rez file from a non Quobuz source?

Good job.
Hopefully it’s a break in issue and the sound will improve.  
I’m not an Arcam fan; I thought their DAC sounded thin and anemic.