New D'Agostino Monoblocks...$250,000

The new D’Agostino Relentless monoblocks cost $250,000 per pair.
They weigh in at 485 pounds.
1500 wpc @ 8 ohms...   3000 wpc @ 4 ohms...   6000 wpc @ 2 ohms.
Gorgeous looking amps for sure and I’m sure they perform like crazy.

http://dandagostino.com/products/relentless-monoblock.php

Be sure to invite me over when you take delivery of your pair.
128x128mitch4t

Played through $100 speakers, that might be a reasonable assumption. Turn the volume to 1 and watch those speakers melt...

The D monoblock's driving the right speakers have got to sound pretty magnificent, if you can tear you eyes off them.

It's simply lifestyle marketing as people who actually want to spend the bucks will. Having at least a rudimentary understanding of how amps work, and not taking in to account whatever the research budget might be, there is absolutely no way Uncle Dan has as much money in these amps as a McLaren or Porsche GT...so it simply must be priced as a useful artwork, and that's OK...I like art.
when you compare them to amps bigger in size, say Gryphon Mephisto and Pass Xs300, you see that it weighs still more than them. Why? Knowing as well that the two competitors are full classA amps operating at very high bias and that the Relentless is AB mode, you even more question its weight, as everyone knows that the power supply is the heaviest component of an amp !! The Gryphon and Pass work at 200W and 300W full classA, while the Relentless only 30W or so!!! Where does the weight come from??? Ah yes, if you look carefully, you will see that the thickness of the whole and yet beautiful metal cover of this amp is enormous all the way. It is actually about 6 to 8 times thicker than the other two, on which you can already easily stand a man of 220 pounds !! If the, say Mephisto amp, had the same thickness of cover/chassis and instead of having an acrylic front panel had it in metal as well, I estimate that it would weigh about 500 pounds each instead of its already hefty 230pounds!! Now when you know that the highly and well respected Bryston 28B3 has over 1,000W AB power (tested at 1,200W actually) for some 45 pounds, you ask yourself what is the correlation of sound quality/weight/power to price. And more particularly, what is the marketing gain or audiophile brain stimulation argument of announcing; hey guys, this amp is 485 pounds and 1,500W and it's so beautiful!! so this is an absolute amp, so it has and absolute price too. Yes, of course, and truly based on what in the end? Sound? Irrational passion? pride of ownership? All in all, if it does not beat the Mephisto and/or the Xs300 in sound quality, it would clearly not be worth a quarter of its price. Honest reviewer urgently required please... to honestly assess sound, not the object.