New 2018 KEF R series...?

Just saw the what-hifi review of the R3 which seems to be replacing the R300 (Not to be confused with the Ref 3) 

bit confusing name scheme. I suspect a lot of people are going to be confused in the near future.

anyway, what do you guys think? I figure they need a lot of space, I was interested in a Ref 3 for a time (NOT the R3) but I came to the realization I really needed about double the space I currently have. 

alas we are all the victim of our listening areas.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xd2girls

Showing 4 responses by mapman

Heard R3s yesterday for the first time. Very nice. Would strongly consider owning. Just picked up a pair of ls50s for the current reduced price. They just went on stands in my 12x12 office. Very nice right out of the box even!   I am using a sub with them which fills out the bill nicely. R3 could likely get by sans sub quite nicely in many rooms.
Has anyone heard both these Kef speakers and the Elac as51 that could describe the similarities or differences in sound?  

These KEFs do cost about 20% less.  Are the Elacs worth the extra dough?
Whats wrong with those Monitor Audio then? Look pretty good!

Are they on isolating stands? If not that might be worth a shot to get the best from any desktop speaker.   I recommend Isoacoustics brand, readily available on Amazon or elsewhere. Be sure to check the measurements to get the right size.
KEF definitely got their act together these days.  Seem to offer very good value at many price points.  Quad too.