Need to replace my Denon 2910, have $400?

I have $400 to spend on a new player and would like to see if I can get an upgrade over my old Denon 2910. Its been an incredible player but it no longer reads disks :(

Any suggestions are great!

System:
Denon 2910
Onix SP3
AV123 Strata Minis
vedder323

Showing 7 responses by vedder323

Never thought about going Rega, what about the Apollo? Is that better than the planet? I think I might be able to stretch my budget to $450-500 and land one of those?
Ill just be using it for music, nothing else. I actually dont even care much about the SACD/DVD-A. Ill look into the Marantz, is it regarded as a better sounding option than the Denons?
Thanks man, really appreciate the help, I think ill bite the bullet and go for it, do you happen to have a link to the guide you mentioned for ripping? Thanks man
BTW, I dont have a pre, just an integrated so id assume id just keep it at 100% as well and use the volume on my amp?
Theres a Marantz SA 8003 on the gon for $500, that a strong contender of the apollo?
Hmmm, I've had a hard time thinking those squeezeboxes can sound much better than a cheap cd player but I've never really looked into them.
Thanks Lewin, you using that toolbox mod with it? Was it hard to rip all your cds?