Need help from Wadia and ML CD player owners

Hello,

I recently sold my all Sonic Frontiers which including cd transport, dac, preamp and power amplification and got myself a Krell FPB-300c. As of now i am missing a cd player.
I am looking for a cd player that has a volume control so that i can elimate a preamp. Try to elimate all the box units and have very simple audio system. Just a cd player, amp and speakers. So far i was looking at the Wadia 850 and the Mark Levinson 39. My price range is no more then 3500.00. Prefer used. I only audit the ML 390s but know it is somewhat different from the ML 39. Can someone help me out on this or give me some suggestion some other brand of cd players that has a volume control.

My current system
Krell FPB-300c
B&W Nautilus 803
MIT Oracle W4

Thanks,
Jimmy
jimmytand71e
Find a used Resolution Audio CD 55 or 50
Better than the ML
Much better than the Wadia
I've owned all the above and the CD 50 is still my reference player ($1500 used)
I run it direct to my Lamm monoblocks via balanced Valhalla's
Still have yet to hear a better system
I have an 860x and bought a Resolution CD50 to compare to see what all the fuss was about. Honestly I prefer the sound of the Rotel 855 (150.00 used) to the Resolution player. In my system and to my ears the Resolution Audio CD player can't touch the sound of Wadia, it has a very stale forward presentation, lots of detail, but in your face. I have only heard the #39 in other systems and they have always been disapointing. If you look hard you can probably find a 860 for the price you are willing to pay
Thanks for all the help my fellow audiophiles. I have though about getting the wadia 850 or 860 instead of the levinson 39. After audit at the dealer on the levinson and the wadia 861, i still feel the wadia has a very cleaning and clear sound points. Very smooth, soft sound and excellent detail. Maybe it could be the setup because it was connect to a Pass Labs X350 and B&W 802.

For the greatnorthernsound.com modification, how good is the sound quality. I was thinking of probably getting my future Wadia modified from them.

Thanks,
Jimmy