Need a DAC Recommendation.

Im retired and can only spend $1200 to $1500 on a DAC. What would you recommend? I assume I will be in the Used market.  Thanks!
128x128rsa
Border Patrol SE. Can get one used for $850. Sound wonderful and I may have one for sale. 
We tried the Topping D90 against the SMSL M400 both in the same price range and preferred and bought the SMSL M400.  The Topping was a bit forward and bright for our taste, while the SMSL was just right.  Not as good as my Chord Hugo TT2 but much closer than I had ever expected for seven times less money.  Best DAC I've ever heard under $1000 although I'd admit I've not heard the R2R examples.
Happy listening!
I would put my money down on a Gustard X26 Pro. Easily beats the Topping everyone is so fond of, is built like a tank, has lots of settings and beats many much more expensive DACS on SQ. Extremely well designed.

I would buy it new.

And I would not spend much more than this considering DACs now-a-days have improved so much so that I would rather wait for a new technology before venturing any more money on one.