Name 3 songs where audio quality and song quality completely align

Lately I’ve found myself alternating between music I love (but sounds mediocre) and music I don’t know well or only like (but sounds incredible).

Occasionally, I stumble across a track where the song could both serve as a great show off piece for my gear and I love the music.

If you can, name up to 3 songs where the audio and song quality take you over the moon with pleasure.

128x128hilde45

@ronboco The Bonfire and River Plate live versions of Shoot to Thrill sound just as good or maybe better than the studio version to me, somehow. I pretty much always prefer studio albums, but not with AC/DC.

One you might not expect.

Madonna - I'm breathless.

I ignored the album for years. Thought it was the soundtrack for the movie Dick Tracy.  Only, I think, one song from the movie.

Did some reading and found she was simply inspired by music from the 30's.

Two things...

Remarkably high quality recording. 

Madonna can sing! Who knew?

This album actually will make you grin from time to time.  Listen to the song "Hanky Panky" - it is Madonna at her best. Delightfully tawdry! It is easy to forget the fact that Madonna has a true sense of humor. It is all over this album.

Rarely do I say listen to the whole album. This one is a true exception. Start to finish it is a riot and a sonic delight. Btw.... This album ends with the most unexpected song- Vouge.  We ALL know that one. Funny after all these years I never thought about where that song came from. It was just ... there... and from that point forward, never went away.

I was surprised (sort of) that when I was looking up info on this album, quite a few people agree with me in regards to the high quality of the recording .

Anyway, I have enjoyed the crap out of this album! 

Floyd “the wall”

Tull “thick as a brick”

Bowie “china girl”

now great songs recorded very bad

All Eagles

Led Zeppelin

Joe Bonamassa