Mythos ST or B&W 683 or ML - Purity or Vista

Im not an audiophile by any means, but I can identify good sound. I would like to place the speakers in an uneven shaped room with dimensions - 22 x 24 (ht - 22 ft).
I am looking to buy speakers (5 in all) within a budget of 5000 with additional cost for a receiver.
I have had a chance to hear the Martin Logan Vantage which was great but out of my budget. Im considering the set below, any / all recommendations outside of these speakers are welcome as well.
Choice 1 -
Front Left / Right - Definitive Mythos ST
Center - Mythos 10
Rears - Mythos GemXl
Subwoofer - None
Receiver - Pioneer Elite SC-35

Choice 2 -
Front Left / Right - B & W 683
Center - B&W Center
Rears - B & W 683
Subwoofer - Velodyne DD-10

Choice 3 -
Front Left / Right - Martin Logan Vista or Purity
Center - ML Motif
Rears - Martin Logan Source

If the above sound ridiculous, please recommend some good speakers in the price range. Any takes on Kef?

Thanks
Kiran
kiran
You'll want to choose a setup that includes a subwoofer if you plan to use it for blu-ray based home theater. Not having specific sub channel makes a huge difference. Based on my limited listening experience with the three brands that you list I'd choose between the Martin Logan and B&W.
Since I don't know the retail prices on the speakers this is a general piece of advice. I'd suggest putting a lot more of your budget into the front three channels and spend less on the rear channels. I think you'll be happier overall since your front channels are a lot more important for home theater. I don't use a center channel, but if your room is odd shaped it's probably important for you.
I'd go with choice 2

Choice 2 -
Front Left / Right - B & W 683
Center - B&W Center
Rears - B & W 683

My Uncle has the B&W 683s for HT and they sound great. He also liked using the B&W 683 speakers for multi-channel music. His sub was Velodyne as well but I don't remember the exact model. It wasn't the DD-10 though. It was one of the lower models.

Good luck