My new Accuphase 408 is lacking ......

Hi, I have just bought an Accuphase Amp 408 to match with my accuphase CD 55, the sound is lacking base and resolution, my current speakers are NHT 2.9 any ideas ??
my previous pre/amp accurus sound much better???
hraouf11

Showing 2 responses by hraouf1

Finally the sound has improved, i started to listen to music for the first time in years, special tks to "F1fanatic" as he recommended Kimber Bi-focal speaker cable to be used with Kimber 1130 Ic . The sound has improved by miles, i am astonished about how cables can change the sound that much, bear in mind that i was using Van den-hul the first and 102B which is an expensive cable and IC as well. I can now confirm with confidence that the improvment of the system sound as result of changing the cables and Ic is much more than the improvment from upgrading the amplifier from accurus d100 to Accuphase E408 which is four times the price of the accurus ???
I have changed the Power cable to anaconda and the the interconnect to Van den haul, no change in the sound, Ill go for the speakers now, I am intending for a proac D25 instead of the NHT 2.9, thanks folks any way I started to feal cursed.........