My experience after lost of 20k$

I am not happy because I have paid more than 20k$ for PC Audio.
if you like sound of Audionote/kondo/living voice horn/old tannoy/carbon cable then I 100% recommend you to forget PC Audio and just go for CEC TL-X 3.0 transport.

do not go for PC Audio.
if you should go for PC audio just do this:
macbook pro 15" MJLQ2LL/A or MJLT2LL/A model 2015
Wavelength USB DAC Crimson or Cosecant
Purist Audio 30 Anniversary USB Cable 1m

remember I have tested all pc , caps , reclockers all cables all thing in this market , do not pay for them.
amir57bs

Showing 2 responses by jji666

This is a silly thread, even for Audiogon.  What you need for PC audio is knowledge.  A PC is a fine front end for digital audio, and doesn’t really need to be expensive, although your choice of DAC may be. But there is a lot of knowledge needed to build and configure to get there.  And knowledge not to point at scapegoats and try shortcuts like buying expensive USB cables.  That’s not the way.  
Like any other source components, good sound starts with the best versions of the title.  As the quality of different CD or vinyl releases varies, remastering may be better or worse, etc., you have to seek out the best versions to have the best sound. PC audio is not a cure-all, it is just an extremely convenient way to get to CD+ sound.

Hi Res *can* sound better than redbook. As above, it’s about the best source material, and often if something is hi resolution, then someone has taken more care with the mastering. But not always, and there’s plenty of not-better hi res out there.

Also, it takes knowledge. I have even been surprised at how many otherwise gear-smart folks don’t understand PC audio, operating systems, or the audio path through their systems. You have to understand it to optimize it - it’s not about cables and audiophile network gear. PC Audio can sound stellar.