Music Hall 25.2 or Jolida 102b?

So I was all set to purchase a new system -- Music Hall 25.2 amp and CDP and Monitor Audio RS 6s. I talk to my local audio dealer who starting praising to the rafters the Jolida 102b.

I need your help. My goal for this system is something that will last for a long-time (My wife has threatened me with heavy objects if I don't stop obsessing over all this once I make an actual purchase!)

So what do you all think? I don't think I can listen to the Music Hall locally, but from what I read it is a solid combo that will do what I want well (soundstage really good, and deliver on acoustic music).

So what do you all think?

Thanks!!!
martyw

Showing 2 responses by grinnell

Primaluna PL2 or PL1 used for around $900. I have the MHall CD25.2 great palyer for the price.
I jumped into tubes after 16 years with a cheap Yamaha Rcvr. Got a wild hair and just did it, based partly on posts by Rich and others. Has it been smooth sailing yes had a small tube problem but minor (dont use JJ power tubes in the Primaluna).

But the sound is amazing. I listen to mainly to vinyl but also radio and cd's. A close friend is mad at me b/c she can't listen to her cd's because they dont sound very good on her SS cheapo after listening them on my system.

I just got a lp of Leo Kottke's 6 and 12 string guitar album on Takoma records ($3). Sounds like he is right in the room. The strings just vibrate.

Because of this new system we spend about 4 hours a day listening to music and relaxing.