Music first or sound first?

I just thought it might be interesting to take a poll of those that put sound first and those that claim they put music first in listening to their rigs.

128x128rvpiano

@rvpiano  I view music and sound quality as two completely separate issues. Most of the music I listen to is on lower quality devices. I am addicted to music. It is playing at least 90% of the time I am awake, in the car, the shop, the bathroom, the workout room, the garage and finally my media room. At best only 10% is in the media room with the main system. Music is an addiction, stereo is a hobby. 

Yes, music first, but what about noise being played at a big box store, you guys gotta admit that's a little to much. Static with a beat. Please make it stop!

@mijostyn 

I tend towards the same perspective. Stereo is indeed a hobby.  Music is where the real gold lies. However, when great sound and great music are combined it’s bliss.

my daughter would listen to music on her iphone. All the time. One day I had enough, I had to set her up with a decent beginner/vintage system. She hasn't turned on the iPhone since, other than to stream.  

It's always the "sound" to start, but it doesn't last long.

Then the "music" takes over and I am lost.