“MQA is a philosophy”..John Stuart

Full quote- “In brief, MQA is a philosophy more than it’s ‘just a codec’. 
Your thoughts??
ptss
I still purchase vinyl, CDs and HiRez downloads for portability purposes. I am trying to grasp how this "portability" will work with MQA. I love listening to my AK240 with a 100 albums on it, (especially when I am stuck in hospital). Unless I can get decent WiFi in hospital (which I know from experience is terrible, like the food), I can't stream, so I need to use my AK. I wonder how MQA is going to get around this. (Bob can buy me a new portable that plays non streamed MQA :)
I think cj1965 and the other naysayers are the ones who are gullible and vulnerable to bad mouth anything that they cannot hear. They are probably in the same club that can’t hear a difference between cables/cartridges/amps/etc...  we all know that there are these types out there, we just need to ignore them.
I think cj1965 and the other naysayers are the ones who are gullible and vulnerable to bad mouth anything that they cannot hear.

But I can hear the difference as stated previously. Are you bad mouthing those who can hear the difference even as you cannot?
In the end, we will be led to where ever the music is, because we love our music. :)
I think it's worth having this discussion if we can separate the value (which is arguable) from the process, which is in fact pretty ambitious. 

From a technical point of view, I think it is clear that MQA is "not just a codec" by any sense of the meaning. The full scope of it's ambition, to correct all timing errors in the A/D, D/A chain and to do so using equipment specific data is monumental. 

Benchmark has one of the best explanations, as well as technical criticisms I've ever read about MQA here:

https://benchmarkmedia.com/blogs/application_notes/163302855-is-mqa-doa

The blog puts to rest any attempt to relegate MQA to the world of "mere codecs." 

Is it worth while?  On my MQA capable Brooklyn I leave it off. You should do as suits you best.

Best,

E