Moving up from an Oppo 205

I have an Oppo 205 that I am using as a DAC with an Aurrender N100 via USB.  It sound surprising good and actually a better sounding (and functioning DAC) than the one in My McIntosh C2500.  I not only listen to my collection of Hi-Rez files but also now Tidal with MQA.   What would be a noticeable upgrade for a DAC and or DAC with steaming abilities. 
Only from a 2ch audio perspective.  
Thank you
vdosc
The Lumin T2 is reasonably priced and I found it to be a step up from the Oppo 205.  The Oppo is really great for the money.  So is the Lumin too.  You get a little more refinement with the Lumin and really good sound staging.  It won't play disks though.
I can't compare my rig to the others discussed, but I am very happy with what I have: Cambridge Azure CD player as a drive (not using upsampling) into PS Audio Directstream Sr. with Bridge II. I also have an OPPO 105 and recently did a comparison with it as a drive and the Cambridge was clearly better: depth, drive, transparency, overall imaging. This goes into Rowland pre and mono blocks, then Totem Forest Signatures and a Gallo sub. The PS with Bridge is about 6k new. I got the Cambridge used for a reasonable amount and it seems to be much more solid than the OPPO. Hope this helps.
I’d go the upgrade route with Modwright. Once I rolled in NOS rectifier and out put tubes my 205 went from a pretty good but somewhat lean'ish sounding DAC to an incredible sounding world class DAC/Preamp. You’ll spend between 2000-3000 or so for the full upgrade and it’s well worth it. I just checked the site and they are running a Pre Black Friday 20% off sale.

Dan and his team are an absolute pleasure to deal with. 👍

http://www.modwright.com/blog/post.php?s=2019-11-06-early-black-friday-mod-sale-20-off