Moving a 5,000 vinyl LP collection safely

Hello everyone,

I am moving from New York City to the Hudson Valley. I have packed my 5,000 LPs into boxes that are 13 x 13 x 13.

My questions are:

— Is it OK to stack them up to 4 boxes high? 5? 6? Since there is about 1/2 of space left in the top of each box, bubble wrap is laid over the top of the vinyl to fill the remaining gap before closing and sealing the box so that the boxes stay square and don’t collapse.
— When put in a moving truck with a rear cab that is 10 x 26, should I be worried about how hot it will get in there for a 2 hour ride from New York City to the Hudson Valley when the temperature is expected to be about 80 degrees?

Thank you in advance for your helpful advice.

unreceivedogma
128x128unreceivedogma
@steve_zettel please note that most homeowners insurance specifically excludes coverage for records and other media. If you haven't checked this please do
Really, folkfreak? Then I must be one of the lucky ones. My homeowners insurance policy does not exclude coverage for media, including LPs. In fact, they paid off on LPs and other media at replacement cost some years ago when I had a leaking pipe that damaged some LPs and CDs that were on the floor of my listening room.
REPORT: Mission accomplished, I think: though I have yet to open any of the boxes, everything seems to have made it and made it safely.

The move of all of our stuff required two 27 ft trucks. I also did two runs with a 9 ft u haul cargo van. Still some odds and ends here that will be a couple Mazda 3 runs, and then we collapse for 3 or 4 days before starting to reorganize the "warehouse" that is our temporary home until the new permanent one is ready. We are doing a gut renovation of a 3.5 story 1865 brick townhouse.

For the trip with the records (there was also 80 boxes of books), we lucked out and had a cloudy, overcast day.

Insurance was crazy insane expensive, and one company wouldn't insure records at all. So I took my chances.

The moving company was terrific: personable, professional, considerate, thoughtful and fast: TDY Moving.

Thanks again to everybody!!!
Congrats on your new home. I don't envy you the process of a gut renovation of an old townhouse, but if you can deal with it in liveable stages, i'm sure you'll have a great place to live when you are done. We found that living in a place for a while gave you a better sense of what demolition and reconstruction made sense--been through it myself, but never did an entire house. Good luck and enjoy.