Moved from 2 channel to Home Theatre - Regrets?

I'm moving to a new home and the floorplan is more conducive to combining my 2 channel system and very modest home theatre.

My 2 channel system is Quad CPD99,Aragon 4004mkII,GMA Europa and all Audience AU24,PowerChord cables.

Home theatre is a budget Pioneer DVD,Outlaw 1050 receiver,PSB 4T speakers,Signal Audio cable.

Did you ever sell your 2 channel gear,buy better home theatre gear(so music sounds good too) and regret it?

It would seem like speaker choice would be the most interesting part of this transition,that is why I posted in
the speaker forum.

Thanks - Jack
gooddomino

Showing 1 response by ellery911

for myself...I considered for a long time getting into the 5.1 gig, but I realize that I listen to music more when I have a better 2 channel system and I really don't feel like I miss that much with regards to a movie soundtrack when watching in stereo. How much money etc etc etc worth just to hear a bullet whiz by or hear better special effects. I still feel like I get some of the surround experience out of a 2 channel setup just with proper speaker placement. I have found that what improves the soundstage with 2 channel music also improves my 2 channel HT experience.

so if it were me...and I were in your particular situation, I would ditch all the surround stuff and up the 2channel system. (just make sure your speakers are way infront of your t.v. or get a flatscreen/front projection system so the t.v. doesn't kill the sound)

just my 2c fwiw

cheers

Ellery