Most expensive piece of vinyl you acquired is?

I will start with Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii 1972 Unofficial Greek pressing in Mint condition for 200eu...im interested how far do you folks are prepared to go for something you love on vinyl...
128x128raindog031

Showing 2 responses by raindog031

Elisabeth 150 vinyls in 5 months?...you must be a national champ lol...in only this year with that tempo you will buy more vinyl than i in my lifetime...i dont want to be rude by any means but i hope you dont have one of those obsessive compulsive disorders or something...back on track Liz i would want to believe in your theory that you will get LP sooner or later for cheaper...but in "my" case i would never see almost half of my collection cuz some quality pressings or rare pressings just cost more than 5 bucks...that dosent mean that i dont have bunch vinyls buyed at the low price...no one said that if vinyl is expensive must be sonicaly excellent...Orpheus every vinyl is story for himself so take a good look at all the pressings available(discogs have good database) and which is sonicaly most praised but in most cases i recommend you to go at the original pressing for 2 main reasons 1. musicaly original is untouched (in many cases remasters just sucks or repressing is not on level it should to be, some of modern "audiophile" vinyls sounds more like cd...but cant deny some of new remasters are very good) 2. value if you can find preserved copy
I would reccomend Japanese virgin vinyl pressings also, not expensive and quality is excelent in most cases. Go to quality over quantity make yourself a list of albums you want and you will listen OFTEN and be happy...dont waste your money on large collections of vinyl you will never listen to no matter how cheap they look...buy best pressing available.
Kind regards