Monarchy Amps 70/100's vs. Odyssey Stratos

I'd just like to know if anyone compared these amps in an A/B. I've heard so much about the value of both of these. I'm trying to build an audiophile budget system and want to use one as the cornerstone? I lean toward opera and classical however my HT system would be driven through the amp as well. Thanks.
madfab200087d8

Showing 1 response by stehno

I've never listened to the Monarchy's or the Stratos'. However, I know a lot about the Stratos and would chose them in a second without ever looking back. For $2k, you can have a monoblock pair of the Stratos that includes a 20 year warranty.

The Stratos (1 amp or monoblock pair) would most definitely be the cornerstone of your system.

Have you read the reviews of the Stratos on odysseyaudio.com? I am quite familiar with IAR's review on the solid state amps back in 1999. They rated the Stratos right behind the top of the line ss amps. The Stratos was rated number 2. Because of the 4 amps I've owned over the 2 years, I believe Peter MonCrief of IAR is very accurate in his reviewing of products.

Based on my recommendation two friends purchased the monoblock pair of Stratos and both have been very happy.

I still have not yet heard them.