Modwright Ultimate Sony xa5400 sacd -Review

I would like to say I have waited several weeks to compare my Modwright Modded player compared to my brothers stock unit .Dan runs in each unit for 48 hours and retests all circuits before shipping .Let me tell you the modded unit is some 15 lbs+ heavier the Vacuum tube power supply is built like a tank and is at least 10 lbs The supplied power cord from the power supply to the cd player is from Acoustic Zen for starters not Belden like most .
I gave it 30 minutes then played several symphony cds and a little classic rock The sence of ease and timber were excellent and this is still not even close to the 400 hours needed for full breakin
the soundstage and front to back layering is not as wide as I would like it but still it is better than the stock Sony 5400 by a country mile my brother is a little more than surprised at the difference in sound quality ,and Dan said just leave running 24-7 for a solid week then The Modwright oil impregnated caps will start to shine , also voices are very natural with very good tone this is my initial impression on day one.I will get back in one week
or at 200 hours of play time to be exact. IMO for the $2k
I spent this is a no brainer for $3k total investment nothing I have even heard is even in the ball park compared for this price.
128x128audioman58

Showing 1 response by stereo5