misbehaving A308CR CD player

My CD player is starting to skip some.  I suspect that the transport needs to be replaced.  I can do that myself if I knew where to get a replacement...Does anyone know where I can get one?  Or should I send it away for repair? 
cford
Open it up and clean the optics. If that sounds scary there are CDs with little carbon fiber brushes they seem to work pretty good. If that doesn't solve it then rather than repair send it out for mods that will greatly improve performance for not much more than you'd pay to just have the part replaced. 
I have ordered a cleaning disc but doubt that it will help because when I opened up the player, there wasn't any dust inside.Who would you recommend for simple upgrades if I decide to go that way?
cford

Consult George Meyer AV  in Los Angeles, CA.  Keep us posted on the repair process.

Happy Listening!
Cleaning the optics did not help.  I did more investigation.  It only starts to skip after it has played for 30-40 minutes.  If I halt playing for some time, It will play fine the same tracks that were skipping.  Also, if in the middle of playing a early track and I pause the playing, after a while the display says "no disc" and won't play until I eject and reinsert the disc.  I think that the laser starts to falter once it has warmed up so I will need to get the player repaired.  Hopefully replacement parts are available.