McIntosh Tube vs SS w/ Sonus Faber Aida II

For the SF Aida II, should I go with:
  1. Tube preamp and amp: C1100 + MC901 (x2)
  2. SS preamp and amp: C53 + MC1.25KW (x2)
  3. Tube preamp and SS amp: C1100 + MC1.25KW (x2)
  4. SS preamp and Tube amp: C53 + MC901 (x2)
Which combo do you think would pair best with the Sonus Faber Aida II? I’m not interested in other brands, but would be interested if you think there are better McIntosh electronics to pair with the Aida instead of what I selected. Thanks!
Ag insider logo xs@2xbattbot
My local dealer has SF / Wilson and Mac. IMO, they only push those lines period.  What other amp choices did the dealer have to demo?  Aida are really good speakers.  Electronics are super important.  I hope you had a chance to compare other amps.  For the price you are paying for the speakers, there are better options out there.  You should at least investigate.  What part of the country do you live in?  
Better is subjective. Nothing wrong with having a starting point. Mac has the best resale value so it’s ok to experiment. This is a journey, let him explore and experiment and decide what’s best. 
I have Sonus Faber Amati Traditions.  I am using Rogue Audio Apollo Dark mono amps and Rogue Audio RP-9.  The cables are Nordost Valhalla 2.
The sound is detailed, open, and most importantly "musical".  The separation of the instruments, the soundstage, the timbre of instruments are voices are extremely good.  See my detailed review of the RP-9 in another thread.  Rogue is not a brand that is often "pushed" by dealers, but to my ears is better than many of the Mac amps with the Sonus speakers.  Probably because the Mac is warmer, thicker than the more neutral Rogue's and the Sonus speakers do not need as much "syrup" as the Mac provides.  If you can, at least listen to the Rogue.
@missioncoonery 

Yes going back to your original post yes you owned a 402. I do also and sorry you had issues.  Usually from what I've heard McIntosh customer service is pretty good.  However,  do you think basically your opinion of McIntosh has changed because of the customer service?  Jay's opinion doesn't mean squat to me because there are many reasons to own McIntosh.  Their formula for success has definitely worked over the years. They are built like a tank and last years and hold very high resale value. If you like the sound great but if you don't move on.  The new line of amps or their monoblocks are newer technology and have no autoformers. The overall sound has changed and moved to the neutral side. Whether that's good or bad is a matter of choice.  Jay has gone to very high end amps and seems to snub his nose at more affordable equipment.  Again while I appreciate what he's done his opinion is just that.  Too many guys are hanging on to what he says or take it as gospel. What works for him may not work for you.