McIntosh to Luxman?

Hey everybody. I need some advice.  It's fair to say I've lusted over Luxman equipment for a few years now.  Something about Japanese hifi that just gets me. Anyway, one of the online retailers of new and used equipment has a Luxman L-507uX (not the mark ii) for sale.  I do really like the sound from my hybrid MA252 integrated, and it drives my Maggie 1.7s with ease.  Most of my listening is of the streaming variety (Bludesound Node/Qobuz), and some vinyl (Music Hall MMF-5). 

Here's my question: what will the Luxman bring me that the McIntosh isn't providing?   More refinement?  More authoritative bass? Better soundstaging?  If the answer is yes, then I may pull the trigger on the Luxman.  By the way, I can get a nice trade-in on my McIntosh, so my out-of-pocket won't be too bad.    Please weigh-in if you've had both McIntosh and Luxman gear and what your experience with both brands has been.   Thanks in advance!   ~ Jerry

jrod68

@decathlon1991 

I've only had Maggies in the last 20 years. I owned Klipsch Heresy speakers for a few months, sold them and took a bath on the price.  Oh well.  My point is, I don't have much recent experience with "dynamic" speakers.  However, I've never felt that I was missing anything from my 1.7s (or 1.6s before them), especially from a dynamics perspective.  Having lived with the hybrid McIntosh for 3+ years, I now understand that I was depriving the 1.7s of high-quality (and abundant) power.  Not to say that I didn't enjoy my time with the MA252...I did!  They're just two very different amps. I will miss that midband "lushness" of the McIntosh by the way.

Enjoy your day!    ~ Jerry

@Jrod68,

I can see your point!  For me I feel that almost all pieces of music has a certain dynamic range,.  What I mean by that is that there is a difference between the loudest and softest passages. Believe it or not even some audio gear has a distinctive dynamic range, though in this case the term. This defines rye distinct boundaries of what your equipment is capable of producing.  From what I have experienced in the music industry is that Dynamics, Harmony, Melody, along with Rhythm are essential to making music pleasurable and compelling to listen to at times.  That was the toughest decision equipment wise, I had to make in giving up the Maggie’s as they do so many things well. I do miss having the brand within my system at times. 

Correction!!

***Believe it or not even some audio gear has a distinctive dynamic range.  This defines  the distinct boundaries of what your equipment is capable of producing.