McIntosh MC252 or Butler TDB 2250?

Just what it says. I've only heard an older McIntosh MC275 and an integrated from the 90s, but the MC252 seems both gorgeous and a great amp. I can't audition either model before buying - blame geography!

Has anyone heard both - or at very least, the Butler compared to a McIntosh solid state? I'd love some advice/comparisons. I've got two stereo sets and it will fit in either: speakers are Gallo Reference 3.1s (soon 3.5s perhaps) or Energy 22 Reference Connoisseurs.

Thanks in advance.
shortcuttomoncton

Showing 1 response by rlwainwright

Please allow me to add to the conversation. I currently own a Butler TDB-5150 driving an all-Gallo Ref. system. It sounds spectacular. Back in the day, I use to sell Mc amps, and liked them. And I have never hooked a Mc amp to my Gallos. So what I say comes with a grain or two of salt.

I find the Butler - Gallo combination to be quite alluring - great bottom-end (the Gallos LOVE hi-current) thanks to the MOSFETs and excellent mid-range and top-end, that's the tubes working their magic. I honestly believe this is the last amp I will buy. it is that good...

So, put me down for a strong recommendation for the Gallo-Butler setup...

-RW-